Healthy Pumpkin Soup – Pumpkin-Carrot-Soup with Coconut
How about delicious and healthy pumpkin soup? Sounds good right? Then you are exactly right here! Today I have my absolute favorite recipe for a healthy pumpkin and carrot soup.
The special thing about it: We also add coconut milk. This ensures a super delicious creamy consistency and at the same time an absolutely excellent taste.
What do we need?
First, we obviously need a pumpkin for this soup. I always like to use a Hokkaido pumpkin here. But a butternut squash should work too. In addition, we need: carrots, coconut milk, ginger, onion, some chili, half a lemon, a little coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, and of course salt and pepper.
Are all the ingredients ready? Great then let’s get started right away.
Pumpkin-Carrot-Soup with Coconut
- 600 g pumpkin
- 250 g carrots
- 20 g ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 chili
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut milk light
- 20 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 ml lemon juice
- some salt
- some pepper
- Cut the pumpkin, carrots, onion, ginger, and chili into small pieces.
- Heat coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Put the vegetables in the pot and let everything simmer.
- Deglaze with the vegetable stock and let everything simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan without fat until golden brown.
- Puree the cooked vegetables.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Scatter the roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bon Appetit!
My tip for this recipe:
If you use canned coconut milk, I recommend filling the contents in a saucepan beforehand and stirring with a whisk. This will ensure that the coconut meat and coconut water mix well.
I think it is unnecessary to mention, but as always you will find this and many other recipes in my healthy recipe app.
Your opinion on the recipe
We are already at the end of that! As always, I’m interested in your feedback. It’s best to try the recipe and leave me feedback. Simply leave me a comment here on this blog.