Pumpkin-Potato Curry – Vegetarian Curry Recipe
How about a delicious curry for today? Sounds good? Well, then I have something really delicious for you. My pumpkin-potato curry.
This delicious Indian-inspired curry not only tastes incredibly good, but it is also relatively low in calories and super filling. Because both potatoes and pumpkins are very filling and at the same time comparatively low in calories.
Granted, I am currently doing a lot of vegetarian dishes here on the blog. So I think I need to clear things up a littl: Of course, you can also add a little chicken to the curry.
What I think is so cool about such curries, is that you can enjoy them at any time. No matter if dinner and lunch. Because they are usually relatively low in calories and do not make lunch too lazy. At the same time, they are still filling, which is why they don’t make you feel hungry in the evening either.
So let’s just start with the recipe for our vegetarian pumpkin and potato curry.
- 300 g potatoes
- 600 g hokkaido Pumpkin
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (can)
- 400 ml coconut milk (light)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 80 g onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 bunch coriander
- some lime juice
- 20 g almonds (sliced)
- some salt
- some pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Dice the pumpkin and potatoes and season with 1 tablespoon of oil and salt.
- Put the pumpkin-potato mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the onion, garlic, and chili pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Fry the onion, garlic, chili, and spices in the pan.
- Deglaze with the tomatoes.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with the lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Add the finished pumpkin-potato mixture to the pan.
- In a new pan (without oil) fry the sliced almonds until golden brown and sprinkle over the mixture.
- Chop the coriander and sprinkle it over the mixture.
If you are looking for more delicious dishes like this one. I strongly recommend that you download my healthy recipe app. You can now find over 135 recipes there! Clearly sorted on your mobile phone. So you will definitely find something good for yourself.
Your opinion on the recipe
As always, I’m really looking forward to your feedback. Please let me know in the comments, should you have tried my pumpkin curry.