Pesto Potato Bowl – Vegetarian Buddha Bowl
Today there is a real trend recipe: a pesto potato bowl. This delicious vegetarian buddha bowl is filled with potatoes, cherry tomatoes, pesto and small mozzarella balls. Incredibly quick to prepare and delicious! So to say it is a healthy potato salad with pesto in a bowl.
When I first heard about this little bowl, I actually thought we don’t need that here. We already have many different bowl recipes, such as my vegan Buddha Bowl, my Fitness Chicken and Rice Bowl or my healthy “Europe” Buddha Bowl.
But I was taught a lesson. Because, I just tried the bowl and what can I say: Just awesome how quick and delicious this little bowl is.
That’s why I think we should just start with the recipe before I talk too much again.
Vegetarian Pesto Potato Bowl
- 200 g potato(s)
- 150 g mozzarella balls (minis)
- 1 tbsp. basil pesto (bought or homemade)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- some salt
- some pepper
- some oil
- 1 tsp. pine nuts
- Wash the potatoes and peel or don’t peel them depending on your mood.
- Then cut the potatoes into cubes of the same size as possible and spread them on a baking sheet
- Now brush with a little oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Bake everything in the oven at 200 ° C for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put the potatoes, mozzarella and tomatoes in a bowl and mix with a little salt and pepper, pesto and pine nuts.
- Bon appetit!
My tip for the recipe:
Personally, I think you don’t have to peel the potatoes beforehand as long as you wash them thoroughly. Because the potato peel has many healthy vitamins and minerals, which is why it would be a shame to remove them. At the same time, it creates a delicious rustic look.
Tip # 2 for this vegetarian Buddha bowl:
If you don’t feel like brushing the potatoes with oil by hand, I recommend this olive oil spray. That makes the preparation a lot easier! At the same time you use so much less oil and save a few calories.
Your opinion on the recipe
That was a simple recipe, wasn’t it? As always, I’m interested in your feedback on the recipe! Feel free to contact me by comment or message on my Instagram account (@fittastetic)
My own recipe App
You want this and other healthy recipes on your mobile phone? No problem, just download my free healthy recipe app.