Quick Colorful Rice Dish – Healthy Lunch Recipe
Today I have a super delicious recipe idea for your next lunch. A colorful rice dish with lots of fresh vegetables, a little broth and parsley. You don’t need more for a quick lunch.
Lately I’ve had problems figuring out what to cook today. Lunch recipes, in particular, have not been found on this blog so far. So, I just thought we had to change that!
Sure, dishes like my veggie stir-fry can also be great for lunch. But this should be a special lunch recipe. Of course, that doesn’t mean that you cannot eat this rice dish for dinner.
But I’m beating the bush again. Let’s start with the actual recipe.
Quick colorful rice dish
- 150 g rice
- 150 g peas
- 150 g carrots baby
- 125 g kidney beans (caned)
- some parsley
- some broth
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Wash rice and boil with a little salt in a saucepan with water according to the instructions on the package.
- Wash and drain kidney beans.
- As soon as the rice has finished cooking, put some water and a little broth in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Now add the peas and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the stove down to medium level and add the rice along with the kidney beans.
- Now season with parsley, a little salt and pepper and enjoy
My tip for a quick lunch
If you really want to have your lunch really fast, I recommend that you simply cook the rice the night before for such rice dishes. Or simply prepare twice the amount of rice. So you have the rice at hand for situations in which it has to be quick and you only have to throw in the vegetables. This saves a lot of time, which means that this dish can be prepared in under 10 minutes, for example.
Of course this is not always possible. That’s why I often just use a ready-made rice pack for the microwave. So, I did it in my rice dish with chicken.
If you’re still thirsty for more, the best thing you can do is to try out my healthy recipe app. There you will not only find this delicious dish, but also over 130 more!
Your opinion on the recipe
So, we’re done with that too! I hope you enjoyed this colorful rice dish. Just give it a try. It would of course be super cool if you gave me feedback on the recipe! You can just write it here as a comment or message me on Instagram at @fittastetic.