Chili with Pumpkin – healthy Pumpkin Chili Recipe
Today I will introduce you to a really delicious healthy pumpkin recipe: My Pumpkin-Chili. The name already tells you everything you need to know about this healthy pumpkin recipe. Specifically, a delicious pumpkin-chili recipe that combines the best of both, chili and pumpkin.
At the moment you can buy pumpkin almost everywhere. I am a huge fan of Hokkaido pumpkin and chili con carne, but I try to eat less meat. This is also due to recent change in public opinion. Thus my best option was very clear to me! A healthy alternative to chili con carne with less meat. Then the pumpkin came to my rescue. That’s how this super delicious pumpkin chili was created! Just try it out and see for yourself!
My Chili Pumpkin Recipe:
Even though I avoid minced meat in the chili, I still add a little chicken. Simply because I like chicken very much and a chili with additional meat seemed just a lot more delicious. But of course you can change the recipe as you please.
Chili with pumpkin
- 150 g onion
- 350 g hokkaido Pumpkin
- 75 g paprika
- 100 g kidney beans (canned)
- 150 g chicken fillet
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 60 ml water
- 30 ml ketchup (light)
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. curry
- 1 pinch salt
- Remove the core of the Hokkaido and cut it into pieces.
- Wash and drain the kidney beans in hot water.
- Cut the pumpkin, onion and peppers into small pieces.
- Put water in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the onion and pumpkin to the pan and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, ketchup and peppers and fry additional 15 minutes.
- In a second pan, fry the chicken breast. (Alternatively, it can be simply cut and fried in the first pan, although this will be much to the chagrin of aesthetics)
- Now put everything together in a bowl and spread the fried chicken breast on top.
- At last, enjoy the meal. 😉
Your opinion about this recipe
That’s it to my Pumkin Chili! However, I would be interested in your feedback on the recipe! So if you’ve tried this chili recipe, I’d love to see your feedback or photos. Feel free to write a comment or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Fittastetic Fitness Recipes app now
You want this and other recipes for healthy weight loss, fast and easy on your phone? No problem, just download my free Fitness Recipes app.