Europa Bowl – Healthy Buddha Bowl recipe
The Europa Bowl, my healthy Buddha Bowl. Today I’ll show you my new favourite recipe: Europa Bowl! You all probably have noticed the current hype about Buddha Bowl recipes.
But most of the Buddha Bowl recipes refer to more to Asian tastes, with edamame, avocado and co. This has always bothered me a little.
Because especially here in Europe we have so many good and tasty vegetables that we don’t need extra vegetables from abroad. So I thought to myself. Why not a healthy vegetable bowl in European style. My unique Europe Buddha Bowl if you will.
So I started my work to create a healthy Buddha Bowl with local ingredients. This step did not really take that long, since many ingredients were very clear for me: healthy fresh carrots, broccoli, onion, crunchy mushrooms, green beans and juicy peppers.
All this with some tasty chicken and rounded off with dill and parsley. Sounds really delicious, doesn’t it? I bet you know really wish to see the recipe instead of me going on for too long. So let’s start with the recipe for the Europa Bowl!
Europa Bowl – European Buddha Bowl
- 150 g onion about 2 pieces
- 250 g broccoli about ½ broccoli
- 150 g chicken breast
- 200 g green beans
- 200 g carrots
- 200 g peppers if possible colorful
- 100 g mushrooms
- 2 tsp. butter
- some vinegar
- some oil
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- tbsp. chives
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 pinch. salt
- Heat butter in a frying pan.
- Cut the onion, chicken, carrots and broccoli into pieces / strips.
- Steam broccoli, carrots and beans in a pot (for about 10 minutes).
- Fry the onions in the hot butter and season with spices. Add the chicken strips and sauté until golden brown.
- While everything is simmering / frying, cut the mushrooms in quarters or slices.
- Put everything seperatly in a deep plate / bowl and season with some vinegar oil, salt and pepper, as you would do it for a salad.
- Now decorate with a little parsley, chives and possibly a little balsamic dressing. Done!
- Optionally take a picture and post it on Instagram (do not forget to tag me with @fittastetic).
Fitting to this Buddha Bowl, I definitely recommend a delicious homemade pizza oven bread. Alternatively I am convinced that Buddha Bowl recipes are perfect to go with delicious smoothie recipes like my Protein Smoothie or my Strawberry Smoothie. Superfood in the form of a Buddha Bowl and Superfood Smoothies.
Your opinion about the European Buddha Bowl
That’s it to my Europa Bowl! However, I would be interested in your feedback on this healthy ingenious Buddha Bowl! If you have tried the recipe, I would be very happy about your feedback or photos. Gladly, also simply, here as comment or on Instagram to @fittastetic_app.
The FitTasteTic App
You want this and other recipes for healthy weight loss, fast and easy on your phone? No problem, just download my free health Recipes app.