My new favorite dessert: Healthy cinnamon rolls. I grew up in Hamburg and that thought me to love “Franzbrötchen” almost with breast milk.
But cinnamon buns were just as well a highlight among the pastries for me. Generally, cinnamon is just one of my absolute weaknesses.
That’s why I thought cinnamon pastries have to become healthy. So why not a compromise between Franzbrötchen and Cinnamon Bun ? However, since both have just too many calories, my task was not so easy. In the end, though, I think I did it! The result was this super tasty healthy cinnamon roll recipe.
Healthy cinnamon rolls
- 100 ml water warm
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 g sugar
- 41 g fresh yeast
- 150 g spelt flour
- 30 g Sweetner Powder light
- 5 g cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pour the water into a bowl, add sugar, a pinch of salt and mix gently
- Now crumble the fresh yeast and let the whole thing Ferment for at least for 15 minutes.
- While the yeast is fermenting, get your blender and a bowl.
- Add the flour and a little erythritol with a pinch of cinnamon.
- When the yeast is fermented, mix a little and add to the flour.
- Now knead the whole thing well with the kneading hooks of your mixer until everything has mixed smoothly.
- Now cover the dough with a cloth and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- After the dough has rested for a while, remove from the bowl and knead neatly on a lightly floured work surface, for at least 10 minutes. Until the dough stops sticking and develops a smooth surface.
- Then form the dough into a large ball, put it back in the bowl and cover with cling film.
- Allow the dough to ferment for another 50 minutes.
- After the dough has fermented and has about twice the volume, roll out on a lightly floured work surface (as angular as possible)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the butter lightly until liquid and mix with the erythritol and cinnamon.
- Spread the cinnamon butter evenly on the dough.
- Now gently roll the dough together to a roll.
- Cut the finished roll in small Pieces (approx. 8 pieces)
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 °C with top and under heat.
- Allow the rolls to cool down a little and enjoy!
* The links provided with an asterisk are affiliate links.
You want this and other recipes for healthy weight loss, fast and easy on your phone? No problem, just download my free Fitness Recipes app.
Download the Fittastetic Fitness Recipes app now