Low-Carb Sandwich Recipe – Turkey Oopsie Sandwiches
A low-carb sandwich. Does that actually work? YES! With these Turkey Oopsie Sandwiches you can make your own healthy low-carb sandwich. The whole thing is made incredibly easy and tastes just super delicious!
But the secret is not the topping of the sandwich. Decisive for a successful low-carb sandwich is the bread! Because bread has the most calories and carbohydrates. That’s exactly what’s really ingenious about the Oopsie Sandwiches! Because the small rolls only consist of egg and cream cheese!
Behind the Oopsie buns is a very crazy story. Originally, the rolls were made, supposedly, by accident where the person simply forgot to add flour to the rolls.
But enough to the origin. Let’s start with the actual low-carb sandwich recipe.
Low Carb Turkey Sandwiches
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 150 g Cream cheese (0.2%)
- 100 g Turkey breast
- 100 g Cucumber
- 1 whole Tomato
- Some Salt
- Some Pepper
- Preheat the oven to approx. 160 °C (320 °F) on circulating air.
- Separate the eggs and stiffen the egg whites.
- Mix the remaining egg yolks together with 100 g cream cheese.
- Carefully fold in the egg white into the egg yolk mixture.
- Spread 5-6 portions of the dough on a baking sheet with a spoon.
- Optionally sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake at 160 °C (320 °F) for about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice cucumber & tomatoes.
- Remove the finished flatbreads from the oven and cut them in half.
- Spread cream cheese on them and cover with turkey breast, cucumbers & tomatoes.
If you’re also looking for a low-carb dessert that comes along it. Then I recommend you try this super simple low-carb chocolate cake recipe.
Your opinion about the low-carb sandwich recipe
That’s it for my Oopsie Sandwiches! However, I would be interested in your feedback on the healthy low-carb sandwich recipe! If you have tried the recipe, I would be very happy about your feedback or photos. Gladly, also simply, here as comment or on Instagram to @fittastetic_app
Download the Fittastetic Fitness Recipes app now
You want this and other recipes for healthy, fast and easy on your phone? No problem, just download my free Fitness Recipes app.